Sunday, July 6, 2014

Catching up!

Harry G. Selfridge
I've been really busy researching my next book for recording.  I decided to record a book about Harry Selfridge -- the founder of Selfridge's department store in London.  George and I are both big fans of the PBS Masterpiece Classic series "Mr. Selfridge."  I wanted to go with a slightly different angle by reading articles and excerpts from newspapers, books, popular magazines, and trade magazines written during Selfridge's life.  Harry Selfridge loved publicity so there hasn't been a problem finding pieces about him and his career.  However, this research has added to the usual work when creating an audiobook -- the pre-read, mark-up, recording, and editing -- before it goes to the publisher.



So I decided to take a little break from Harry and record a short story -- a ghost story by Algernon Blackwood called The Woman's Ghost Story.  I just submitted the finished files to my publisher and I'll post here when it's available on Audible.  Meanwhile, back to the grind...

Coming soon to Audible! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment