Friday, April 5, 2013

Audiobooks: Upcoming, in the works, and in the queue

I've been very busy with my audiobook narration projects and decided I would post a status update.  Coming soon to Audible is a science fiction/humor book called Exponential Apocalypse by Eirik Gumeny.  This was a lot of fun to record.  Great characters including
Thor (yes, the former God), the genetic descendents of two American presidents and one English queen, along with various humans, scientists, zombies and more.  Eirik Gumeny has one of those imaginations that causes me to wonder if he was anything like Calvin of the Calvin & Hobbes comic strip when he was a kid.  (I still really miss that strip.)

This book is currently in post-production and should be out in a couple of weeks.  I'll post here when it's for sale on Audible.


I'm currently working on a 'fish-out-of-water' book called Yankee, Go Home! by Sharon Delarose.  Although it's presented as fiction, the stories in the book are true and actually happened to Ms. Delarose when she moved as a very young woman (late teens) to live in the deep south in the early 1970's.  As a native New Yorker living on her own in various small towns in Alabama and Georgia, she experienced culture shock that would have sent many people heading back home.  Some memorable characters in this book, too.


The next book I'll be recording after Yankee, Go Home! is nonfiction on a serious note.  Ted and Ann: The Mystery of  a Missing Child and her Neighbor Ted Bundy by Rebecca Morris investigates the disappearance of an 8-year-old girl who vanished from her Tacoma, Wash. neighborhood and might have been Bundy's first victim.  True crime is one of my favorite genres and I look forward to getting started on this book.

After Ted and Ann..., I'll be narrating my second book by the writer Kathleen Walls.  (I previously recorded her mystery Kudzu.)  Last Step is set in the seedy drug world in Jacksonville, Florida.  A woman who loses her daughter to death via drug overdose sets out to discover if it was an accidental overdose or murder.  Her search leads her into dangerous territory as she immerses herself in the world her daughter had entered.

So, I'm staying busy for now but will post here as these books are finished and up for sale.  Many thanks to Linda for being my proof-listener! 

No comments:

Post a Comment