Friday, June 24, 2011

Catching up with LibriVox and prepping for another Iambik book

After finishing my third book for Iambik recently, I have a few days to return to my LibriVox projects. I'm in the process of completing my current solo Three Girls in a Flat.   I also managed to sneak readings for the current Weekly Poem and latest Fortnightly Poem.  I can't pass up a great poem so I check each week to see what LibriVox has up for recording.

I'm also going to have to write an introduction to this book because I haven't been able to find anything I can use on Wikipedia or even bookstores where the book can still be purchased.  Generally, I use info from those sites on their own (with credit, of course) or I may add to them or present the information in a completely different way.  No luck with this one so I'm going to have to start from scratch.  I suspect that this book was somewhat autobiographical.  There are three girls sharing a flat, one of whom was a sculptor.  There are  three women credited as authors and, you guessed it, the first woman named, Enid Yandell, was a sculptor.  The book is episodic and takes place in Chicago around the time of the World's Fair in the early 1900's. 

I'm prepping for my next Iambik project.  This one is a romance called Nanny Behaving Badly by Judie Jarvie.  After recording three rather serious books (although they were not without humor), this should be a fun read.  As you can see from the cover, there's nothing 'buttoned up' about this young lady...

No comments:

Post a Comment