Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Making Christmas ornaments and other stocking stuffers...





Made 3 of these.
For the past few years, I've made my three nieces (now ages, 5, 7 and 8) ornaments to go with their Christmas presents.  This year I decided to make them each a snowman.  The pattern wasn't difficult and I made a couple of slight changes but followed it completely for the body, hat and scarf.

Last year I made them each Christmas trees and the year before that I made Santa Claus ornaments.  This snowman is crocheted and the pattern can be found here along with some other ornaments.  I might try the Gingerbread Man next year!


I also found the most adorable pattern for a bookmark.  It's called the Cat in the Hat Inspired bookmark and was very fast to crochet.  The pattern is here.

These will go in the 'stocking stuffer' bag that I always make up for my three nieces.  So cute!

Cat in the Hat bookmarks.


My two nephews are in college now but they never get too old for me to give them 'stocking stuffer' bags, too.  Obviously, the contents are a bit different than the ones for the girls.  I included a  crocheted 'soap sack' in each of their bags.  These make up very fast.  I used 100% cotton worsted weight yarn.  The idea is to use the soap while inside the bag and give yourself a good scrubbing.  When you're finished, you hang the bag with the bar of soap in it on a hook to dry.  You can find the pattern here.  Hope the guys like them.  

Soap sacks for the nephews.

  
There are a few other items I made that I can't show on this blog but I will say that I've been busy.  Any downtime I've had from recording/research/editing I've used to make gifts.

Oh, I did take time, along with George to decorate our tree.   I took this pic from upstairs looking down on the tree in our family room.  I should probably have asked for photography lessons for Christmas. 


No comments:

Post a Comment